Crescent Cinema

Designed by local architect W. H. Lomas, the Crescent Cinema opened on 9th June 1920. It was owned and operated by the Palace & Derby Castle Co. Ltd. In the early 1970s, the Crescent Cinema was converted into an exhibition hall for waxworks and an indoor leisure centre. The photographs below show the demolition of the back of the Cinema; the fa├žade of the building was retained and forms part of the Spectrum apartments, the construction of which was completed in May 2009.

Thumbnails

Please choose a thumbnail.